Flex-Hrs Internship Buying & Merchandising Assistant Internship @ Dublin
We are seeking a motivated individual join the buying team of an exciting new retail project – a home for Irish fashion, craft and culture, launched April 2016.
The successful applicant will work as an assistant to Baluba’s Buyer, providing invaluable support on a wide range of buying and merchandising tasks.
The Buying and Merchandising Assistant will learn what it takes to operate a busy fashion and design store, in one of the most visited retail destinations in Ireland – from designer and product selection to sales reporting, stock management, designer communications and visual merchandising.
This role is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an exciting retail venture while gaining invaluable experience in a fast-paced, fashion orientated environment.
– Work closely with the Buyer on general buying and merchandising tasks
– Irish fashion and market research
– Assisting with the execution of buying projects
– Reporting on store sales and performance
– Collating essential supplier information
– Attending designer meetings
– Designer communications
– Data entry
– Conducting stock takes and quality control checks
– Maintaining schedules and key deadlines
– Implement preferred standard operating practices, systems and quality standards
– Other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Buyer
– An appreciation and understanding of the Irish fashion, design and cultural landscape
– Previous experience in a fashion buying and merchandising role an advantage but not a necessity!
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient
– Good creative vision
– Hands-on attitude
– Competence in Microsoft Office Suite
– 8 to 12 weeks
– 4 to 5 days per week
– Baluba, 32 Bachelor’s Walk, Dublin 1
3038 total views, 1 today